On Wed, 2018-02-14 at 20:07 -0500, Fungal-net wrote:
> Because as per a couple of hours ago it seems as I have been exposed
> to this amprolla3 for 4-5 months now, without knowing, and although I
> run about the same stuff on a test debian isntallations, pkgs there
> rain down to the level of about 20-30/day, while ascii has been
> pretty inactive in terms of upgrades.  So what exactly is merged with
> devuan?

Hi Fungus,

Instead of asking, I think you should just point the browser of your
choice at the public repository:

http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/

Here you can browse everything served up by pkgmaster. You might want
to start with the /devuan and /merged directories.

Next, you can do something like:

curl -v http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/dists/

And follow that up with:

torsocks curl -v http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged/dists/

In both cases, you should get the same content. The only exception
(that I'm aware) would be the pkgmaster rewrites for Debian hosted
packages. That is, if Devuan didn't have to alter a package because we
didn't need to, then we allow Debian to provide it.

So, for example, when I curl this package:

curl -v http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/pool/DEBIAN-SECURITY/updates
/main/a/apache2/apache2_2.4.10-10+deb8u11_amd64.deb

I end up with this as the redirect:

< Location: http://deb.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/a/a
pache2/apache2_2.4.10-10+deb8u11_amd64.deb

But, if I curl through torsocks:

torsocks curl -v http://devuanfwojg73k6r.onion/merged/pool/DEBIAN-SECUR
ITY/updates/main/a/apache2/apache2_2.4.10-10+deb8u11_amd64.deb

I end up with a tor redirect:

< Location: http://sgvtcaew4bxjd7ln.onion/debian-security/pool/updates/
main/a/apache2/apache2_2.4.10-10+deb8u11_amd64.deb

Truly, I think KatolaZ can write e-mail until his fingers fall off and
you will not believe him. However, the above should be enough to get
started in conducting your own experiments. You don't have to believe
or trust me, KatolaZ, or anybody else. You are a mature person who can
can think for himself.

AND .. if you do find something odd/wrong, you'll have the commands to
give everybody to prove that you are right. This may have the side-
effect of allowing us to find and fix any problems as well.

Good luck!

Best,
Patrick