Le 19/03/2018 à 12:05, Erik Christiansen a écrit :
On 19.03.18 10:20, KatolaZ wrote:
Maybe you have a strange USB controller? You mentioned you had the
same problem with a Debian image, right?
Yes. If I could only remember how that was successfully dodged. I'll dig
in some list traffic to see if I can find it.

That's even more needed now, because I've just tried the Jessie iso
stick in a Jetway mobo, and it also performs the "Detect and mount
CD-ROM" step even if I skip it in the graphical expert install. And it
also fails, saying it couldn't mount the CD-ROM. It says "This probably
means that the CD-ROM was not in the drive.", so it really does want
something which whizzes around, not the install media it is already
running. Genuinely peculiar, I think.
    The iso image contains both the installer and the package repository. When the installer is ready to actually install packages, it wants to read them from the iso image, which it calls "the cdrom", which is actually the image of the DVD which is in your usb stick.

    If your hardware or BIOS prevents using the usb stick as if it was a DVD, then, as suggested by Florian, use the netinst and it will ask you to select a package repository on the net instead. Or burn a real DVD.

    Didier