Le 29/03/2018 à 17:42, Jaromil a écrit :

palemoon is stuck at "version 27" series of Firefox and in any case
its in the 2x series I doubt it can be brought up to 50 since the
codebase is rather different.

said that, I'm happy with palemoon, using always the latest stable
release tagged on the git tree, compiling it myself on Devuan and then
github.com/dyne/tinfoil for sandboxing. here the mozconfig I use,
please note I do not disable pulseaudio or dbus, because that gives
problems, yet I do not use pulseaudio (but I do use dbus...)

export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options AUTOCLOBBER=1
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=`pwd`/pmbuild
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc-lib
# ac_add_options --disable-dbus
ac_add_options --disable-gstreamer
ac_add_options --enable-alsa
ac_add_options --disable-oss
ac_add_options --enable-pulseaudio
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-mochitest
ac_add_options --with-pthreads
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -march=native -pipe"

    Palemoon is also stuck with gcc-4.9. The documentation says that and discourages trying to build it with versions newer than GCC-5.3 AFAIR. I've built it on Jessie (without PA) and copied the binary to ASCII with no problem. Also I've kept gcc-4.9 on ASCII in case I need to re-build it. This restriction to a very short range of versions of GCC leads me to think there are some insanities in either the build system or the code itself. Insanities most probably inherited from Firefox.

    Didier