On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 23:43:12 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
<20180606034312.ga24...@topoi.pooq.com>:

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 04:38:59AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 18:50:10 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
> > <20180605225010.gc12...@topoi.pooq.com>:

> > > gpe-calendar, for the one I'm most concerned with.
> >
> > ..you found it?:
> > https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/gpe-calendar or
> > http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/debian/pool/main/g/gpe-calendar/
> >
> > ..or did I only find some old rotten bits of junk?
> > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gpe-calendar
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=both;dist=oldstable;package=gpe-calendar
> >

> You found a little more than I did.  Running this package on a wheezy
> system is probably the easiest way to read the calendar.  But
> exporting it to a modern file format is likely another matter.

..pipe it's output thru cat, tac, cut, netcat etc to chop up your
calendar database into nice wee text bits that can be "hand fed"
into your next calendar etc database.
Ideally automagically, if you can, there is a nice big market for
such expensive services, commonly caused by "vendor lock-in." ;o)

..beware of empty data fields, they may be valid _because_ they are
empty.
Like my "expertise" on databases ;oD, I ask dumb enough questions to
trigger smart enough ideas to get things back up working again. ;o)

> I managed to find the wheezy source package.  But the way the word

..er, "word" or "world"?

> has changed, it may be easiest to use the binary package on a real
> wheezy system thatn to try to build the package in a modern system.
>
> I'm still exploring alternatives before taking action.
>
> For past events, I'd be happy with a complete, readable text file.  I
> might be able to write a program to produce that if I find a
> compatible version of sqlite, or if current sqlite will upgrade the
> db to whatever it uses now.
>
> For future events, I could hand-enter them into a new calendar system
> -- preferably one that lets me export everything into a readable
> form, and which I can sync across devices with something relemblig
> revision control.

..netcat "hand feeding" git "hand feeding" postgresql?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: