ahoy!

On Sat, 09 Jun 2018, Irrwahn wrote:

> Veteran Unix Admins wrote on 09.06.2018 07:05:
> > Dear Init Freedom Lovers
> >
> > Once again the Veteran Unix Admins salute you!
> >
> > We are happy to announce that Devuan GNU+Linux 2.0 ASCII Stable is
> > finally available.[...]
>
> Omedetō gozaimasu, Devuan ASCII!

to the list of thanks Daniel mentions, I'd like to add you as well
Irrwahn for all the patient help you offered to this release and
together with your also Andreas Messner. Yours is the merit of
Devuan's desktop being less and less entangled by DMs/policykit mess.

this weekend the news of our release made a splash on community fora,
namely hackernews https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17274623 where
our effort was always heavily denigrated and mocked, now starts
emerging some reasonable feedback. And last not least slashdot where
Bruce Perens declared his endorsement for Devuan 8^D
https://linux.slashdot.org/story/18/06/10/0321233/systemd-free-devuan-20-ascii-officially-released

I recommend those who like can participate to the discussions with
maturity and respect for other people ideas, as much as we claim
respect for our own ideas, which we have shown being able to follow
with clear action.

Since the release was made just at the beginning of a weekend,
tomorrow a press release will be circulated on the devuan-announce
list, hoping it will be easier for journalists to pick it up on office
hours.

--
  Denis Roio a.k.a. Jaromil  http://Dyne.org think &do tank
  Ph.D, CTO & co-founder    software to empower communities