On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 at 08:41:18 +0200
KatolaZ <kato...@freaknet.org> wrote:

> I think you probably missed the point here. believe it or not, there
> are genuinely thousands of people who use i686 images because they
> happen to have i686 machines. The percentage of those in Devuan is not
> that different from the percentage seen in Debian.
>
> I can't see any good reason not to use an i686 image if you have an
> i686 CPU...

  Right.  This is the reason because a lot of people download x86 images: all
those who still have 32bit hardware, they're installing GNU/Linux on it,
because it is the only current and maintained OS that runs on a platform that
proprietary, mainstream OSes abandoned years ago.

  32bit Intel compatible platforms are not going to disappear soon as several
embedded, specialized appliances, networking devices, IoT devices,
mediacenters and so forth are still being produced based on 32bit processors.

Alessandro