On 07/08/2018 02:25 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
On Saturday 07 July 2018 at 14:03:33, Alessandro Selli wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 10:52:20 -0700 Jimmy Johnson wrote:

Good sources

Who / where?

You have to do a lot of reading, the information is out there going back to 2012 the main source is wanted by usa and has been given a gag order by his keepers or will be forced to leave his protected living quarters.

tell me we need our own kernel,

   Why?  What's wrong with the available ones?

I'm a hardware guy, taught in Silicon Valley, built fist computer '75-'76, my fist job was a startup in Santa Clara, I worked R&D until successful completion and I like taking things apart and maybe building something better since I was a child.

In my head I can see how systemd works and it's a computer system inside your computer, creating virtual hardware and controlling your installed software, why? It's really simple, your computer is not only working for you the user but outside sources too, not something the average user would know about or the ability to do something about. Okay, maybe I'm not the average user, but I am a user just the same and not a developer, nor do I have the ability to roll my own kernel. It's known that the CIA was injecting a backdoor in kernel v.2.6 and now we are dealing with the NSA, Intel, Microsoft and RedHat. 'IF' our existing kernel has a backdoor client in it there is nothing 'I' can do about it, but sources say I need to roll my own kernel. It's the only way to stop this war on privacy invasion. Neutering software is one thing, but the war will continue until we get rid of the backdoor. Devuan needs it a kernel expert, better yet a kernel team of experts.

Thoughts? Volunteers?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - KDE 4.14.2 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263