On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 06:17:59 -0500
hal <vmli...@charter.net> wrote:

> I don't exactly know how GTK+ and Palemoon are tied together but I

Your mileage may vary, but I kicked all Palemoon off all my computers
after they treated a person like this:

https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Please understand, I completely support their right to dictate what is
done in the name of their trademark. But the way they treated the
person was inexcuseable, and even though halfway decent browsers are
hard to find, I immediately uninstalled Palemoon from all my computers.

I went one step farther, putting the following shellscript in a
directory at the very front of my path, just in case I forgot in the
future:

#!/bin/sh
fout=`mktemp`

echo $fout

echo 'echo ' > $fout
echo 'echo ' >> $fout
echo
echo 'echo This is a shellscript filenamed "palemoon",' >> $fout
echo 'echo not the browser called "Pale Moon"' >> $fout
echo 'echo from https://www.palemoon.org/.' >> $fout
echo 'echo ' >> $fout
echo 'echo Pale Moon browser was removed from this system' >> $fout
echo "echo because of Pale Moon project personnel\'s antagonism" >>
$fout echo 'echo and implied threats at:' >> $fout
echo 'echo https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86' >> $fout
echo 'echo ' >> $fout
echo 'echo Please use another browser' >> $fout
echo 'echo And change default browser for programs calling this.' >>
$fout echo 'echo ' >> $fout
echo 'echo  Please press Enter after reading.' >> $fout
echo 'read junk' >> $fout
echo "rm $fout" >> $fout
chmod a+x $fout
exec xterm -e $fout

Try qupzilla. Similar browser, without the baggage.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key