Hi Lars,

El 16/08/18 a las 11:50, Lars Noodén escribió:
Can someone please give me some quick examples of how to best "checkout"
something from...@git.devuan.org:USERNAME/someproject  and then, after
modification, submit the changes back?  I've used CVS only a little bit
but am even more unfamiliar with git.

I suppose it would be two lines but after reviewing a lot of git
tutorials I am still not sure which one to use to fetch the code and
then how to find a working method to upload the changes.

Thanks,
Lars

Quick answer:

Configure your .git/config file. In my case:

[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = true
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
    url = https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-gtk.git
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/master

Commit your changes:

$ git add .
$ git commit --all

And then, push the branch to the remote repository:

$ git push -u origin master

I'll write about this topic in more detail.

Cheers,

  Aitor.