On 10/22/2018 02:36 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

alternatives. As I said I have two machines there, one is wired to a big TV
so they who sit in a last row can listen & watch.

What is the other one wired to?  A local small display?

Both of them have their own small displays, and the faster box (Devuan) is also attached to a big TV for presentations. The presentation room is kinda small theatre and the audience tend to sit far away in the last rows. (So they can easily smoke & drink while I talk.) And apart of my presentations everybody can sit in a front of local display, no problem with that.

But the idea is not to disconnect/reconnect each
machine from the TV to switch different distro, instead I want to run Devuan
as a 'proxy' for Ubuntu to appear on TV as a second option.

No need for a second machine!  No need for them to communicate over a cable!
You can have some of the seniors tinkering on one machine while you tinker on
the other!

It's complicated at this stage for total beginners in Linux. That's not my point. As I said, I already have two machines, each as dual-boot, wired in between, each having its own display, printer, etc. So it's just a proper software package issue.

PS: I have already made some tests with remote desktops in my home LAN (mixed Debian and Ubuntu machines, also in dual-boot combinations). And I only had to add x11vnc server packages to them, and used clients I already had on those machines ("Vinagre is a remote desktop viewer for the GNOME desktop"), and it works! So I planned to do the same with Devuan. Nothing else than that.

Misko