Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018 schrieb Dr. Nikolaus Klepp:
> Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018 schrieb Arnt Karlsen:
> > On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 23:55:36 +0200, Dr. wrote in message
> > <201810252355.36418.dr.kl...@gmx.at>:
> >
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > I have a problem with Devuan on s new RPi W Zero: Raspbian (latest
> > > image) boots fine,
> >
> > ..does our own
> > https://mirror.leaseweb.com/devuan/devuan_ascii/embedded/devuan_ascii_2.0.0_armel_raspi1.img.xz
> > work for you?
>
> It kind of works. The serial console is silent. Serial over USB with
> "modules-load=dwc2,g_serial" does not work at all. WiFi misses firmware - so
> does not work. I think there are suttle differences between "0/1" and "W0"
> that are taken care of in raspbian but not in devuan. Most likely it's the
> firmware and the kernel. I had simillar problems with RPi3+, it also needs
> the latest firmware + kernel and des not work with the devuan rpi3 image.
>
> > > system updates work. Then I try to get rid of
> > > systemd (replace raspbian sources with devuan sources). Installing
> > > devuan-keyring works. Installing "sysv-rc" "sysvinit-core" and
> > > "sysvinit-utils" throws several segfaults. "reboot" segfaults, too.
> >
> > ..the Raspian people calls their BCM2835 hardware arch armhf, while
> > we and Debian calls it armel.  Our armhf might work on RPi 2 and 3,
> > but will fail on RPi 1 and Zero.
>
> Now this explains a lot - especially why the same procedure applied on RPi3+
> worked.
>
> > ..you will need to add the armel arch and replace all Raspian's armhf
> > binaries with our armel binaries, and probably throw in some nefarious
> > magic, to get in working your way.
>
> All magic didn't work. Burned my stock of black candles, did other
> unspeakable thing, no use (The cat suvived! Would not touch the cat!).
> Migration from armhf to armel would work like a charm, if there was not the
> package manager that complains about not matching version numbers in
> armhf/armel and consequently not configuring the package. I have found no way
> to persuade that beast to ignore that pesky package suffix when the version
> number matches :-(
>
> Now I try to transplant kernel+firmware from raspbian to devuan imag, let's
> see how that turnes out. I would be happy if I git a serial console working
>
> Nik
>

> > ..devuan_ascii_2.0.0_armel_raspi1.img.* works fine on my RPi1, FWIW.
> Don't doubt that. But RPiW0 has USB-OTG direct from the cpu, RPi1 has a usb
> hub. That little difference turns out to be quite big. And the connectors
> don't match ... *sigh* ... but I need that USB-OTG, that's the reason for
> RPiW0 ..

Some additional information:
- booting with devuan rpi1 image gives no serial console, but rpi boots (to an
unknown state)
- adding "enable_uart=1" in config.txt and booting does not work, rpi activity
led goes dark after ~ 1 sec.
- copying kernel+firmware+bootcode+kernelmoduels from raspbian to devuan and
adding "enable_uart=1" works, kernel log is spit to uart. Userspace does not
work, I cannot get a login console.

Oh, I have no matching hdmi cable, so I don't know what happens on tty1.

Any ideas?

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA, CIA ...