On 12/2/18 5:19 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 10:07:23 +0000
Simon Hobson <li...@thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
Snipped excessive quoting.
Sorry, I think you missed the point of the scenario I was talking
about. This one is where the users don't have their own login - they
all use just the same login, so can sit down at any machine and use
the single login that's configured on the machine, and there's no
need for any user management on each machine other than setting up
the one user login. That might be appropriate if the training system
handles user management etc.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

If you could set up such a scenario, then yes, your way could be used,
but there was a mention of a server. If you have a server, you usually
get files saved and read, so how do you differentiate between user
'fred' from computer18 and 'fred' from computer23 ?
With e-learning taken from a Learning Management System, the LMS will
have its own, generally independent, user authentication system. In
principle they could use the same directory server as network/
workstation authentication, but in practice they often do not and
certainly don't need to.

--
Carl Fink          c...@finknetwork.com
Thinking and logic and stuff at Reasonably Literate