Massimo Coppola <massimo.copp...@isti.cnr.it> wrote:

> But I guess there's no need either to list all technical systemd issues here,
> or accept the unsound logic that unkind developers are the only reason of
> systemd criticism.

With all the hot air, I suspect that many people have lost sight of the
distinction between an implementation of an idea (udev, dbus,systemd) and the
idea itself (a better way of managing a system).

It's clear that systemd isn't the right implementation. And it's clear that
Poettering isn't the right person to be doing it.
But I'd suggest that many of us "systemd - just say no" folks aren't
fundamentally opposed to improvements where the improvement is actually better
and not a bug ridden furball'