On 2019-09-06 07:33, Hendrik Boom wrote:
On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:27:03PM -0500, goli...@devuan.org wrote:
Dear Dev1ers,

Many of you have asked how you can help Devuan. Well, here's an opportunity
- especially for those who keep asking when Beowulf will be released!

There have been reports that the migration process from Debian Buster to Devuan Beowulf is not as straight-forward as Wheezy/Jessie to Jessie and/or Stretch to ASCII. If we are to offer migration as an "official" option, we
will need to document specific issues and provide solutions in our
documentation.

So . . . please roll up your sleeves, give it a try and let us know if you were able to migrate successfully from Buster to Beowulf. What issues did
you have?  How did you work around them?  Are there any blockers?

I've got buster on a partition I never use and was thinking of deleting.
I could try crossgrading to beowulf before I delete it.
Would that help?  It would not likely get any actual usage to discover
problems beyond the actual crossgrade itself.

-- hendrik

Yes. Please do! If you can spare the time, would also be helpful to know if the basics work after the migration. Thanks.

golinux