Hi,

En 25 de febrero de 2020 20:40:12 Tito via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> escribió:

On 2/25/20 4:40 PM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Hi!

Anno domini 2020 Tue, 25 Feb 16:29:58 +0100
al3xu5 / dotcommon scripsit:
Hi all

I am using Devuan (2.1) + MATE DE since 08/2016...
Now I wish to change DE but I am in doubt: XFCE or LXDE or LXQt???

Please, based on your experience and knowledge of Devuan and DEs, can
you help me in choosing (avoiding me to invest too much time doing long
experiments)?

IMO you should definitly try TDE https://trinitydesktop.org ... but you could also say that I'm a bit biased here :)

Nik

Consider that I mainly use office applications (libreoffice), realtime audio
(rec, play, editing) jack + alsa (no pulseaudio), graphical editing with icc
color management (mainly gimp and inkscape), scripting (mainly bash, html + css
+ php ), virtualization with qemu-kvm and virt-manager ... and I would like a
de that has the least dependencies but also remains stable and "comfortable" in
configuration, personalization and use...

So what you suggest should be the first choice to bet on?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I have XFCE and KDE installed and both work, but I mostly use XFCE
(with some KDE apps) because it is more lightweight and because KDE
sometimes at random reshuffle my desktop icons which I hate...

Ciao,
Tito

Imho, the best DE is the one not drawing attention to itself; this is the reason why i mostly use a window-manager instead.

Aitor.

Enviado con AquaMail para Android
https://www.mobisystems.com/aqua-mail