Le 21/05/2020 à 22:24, Rick Moen via Dng a écrit :
Quoting Didier Kryn (k...@in2p3.fr):

When a company takes action to increase its share of the market and/or
its cash flow, we normally do not call that a conspiration. It is
legitimate to write about it and discuss the actions it takes.
And, in the matter at hand, RHAT's underwriting of Mr. Poettering's salary
and acceptance of his codebase for the past decade has gained it a
better market position and/or improved financial strength _how_, exactly?

    Well, *they* claimed their model was to make money out of complexity, as Steve reported. It's not a suputation, it's an official statement. Therefore no idea of a conspiracy from Steve.

    I assume they do what they claimed, and actually Systemd is well in line with it. Then I try to imagine what can result from that, because the result of human actions is not always what they expected. Already they have been bought by Oracle - preventing them from being bought by Microsoft. What next?

    I, personnaly,  do not believe "The year of the Linux Desktop" will be "The year of Gnome" or "The year of Freedesktop"; I believe those will never happen. I think it will be "The year of Windows-Systemd-Linux". I don't know the future, of course, but this is my guess.

    Didier