Hi,

On Sat 26/Jun/2021 01:10:08 +0200 Patrick Bartek Via Dng wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 11:34:32 +0200
Alessandro Vesely via Dng <dng@lists.dyne.org> wrote:
After I did a system upgrade, I couldn't mount an USB key any
more, until I manually installed udevil. What happened, dependency changes? >
This is one of the "gotchas" that can happen when running an "in
development" version.  As far as why it happen: could be a number of
things.  Most of the time, it's because a dependency, like udevil to
spacefm, become mismatched version-wise.  That is, udevil has become
"too old" to work with spacefm, and the upgrade process uninstalls it.
Try "full-grade" instead of just "upgrade" to get the newer version of
the dependencies when "upgrading." In fact, this is the recommended
procedure when running an "in development" or testing version.

I tried apt-get dist-upgrade afterwards, but it didn't bring up much staff. Later on, I found that some software that I don't use very often was removed from my system. I had to install anew Inkscape and MariaDB server.

I remember many release changes done in two steps, apt-get upgrade followed by apt-get dist-upgrade for the rest. This time it seems that the system forgot about removed packages. Is it so because chimaera is not yet released?

Best
Ale