On 4/24/22 13:56, k...@aspodata.se wrote:
Fred:
On 4/23/22 12:53, k...@aspodata.se wrote:
If so, press Ctl-Alt-F2 buttons simultaineusly to get to a console.
There log in as root
and then try one of
    gpm -b 1200 -m /dev/ttyUSB0 -t msc
    gpm -b 1200 -m /dev/ttyUSB0 -t sun
    gpm -b 1200 -m /dev/ttyUSB0 -t mman
and move the mouse to test.

This works.  The msc protocol works best, the mman protocol doesn't work
at all.  All three buttons show some effect.

Very good.

B, try inputattach to make the mouse appear as a /dev/input/* device
     and be automatically included by X11, I haven't tested this. See

     https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Serial_input_device_to_kernel_input
     https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxconsole/files/
     https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SerialMouseHowto
     https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Serial_Mouse
There is some progress. The inputattach package in Devuan apparently
doesn't have a config file.  Specifying the baud on the command line
results in an invalid baud message. inputattach does work with the Sun
mouse but the middle button doesn't work.  I tried msc and sun protocol
and both work the same.  I may try some other protocols but I suspect a
bug in inputattach.  Maybe I should contact the maintainer?

I have no experience with inputattach, but looking at
utils/inputattach.c from
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxconsole/files/latest/download
around line 1163:

                switch(baud[i]) {
                case -1: break;
                case 2400: type[i]->speed = B2400; break;
                case 4800: type[i]->speed = B4800; break;
                case 9600: type[i]->speed = B9600; break;
                case 19200: type[i]->speed = B19200; break;
                case 38400: type[i]->speed = B38400; break;
                case 115200: type[i]->speed = B115200; break;
                default:
                        fprintf(stderr, "inputattach: invalid baud rate '%d'\n",
                                        baud[i]);
                        return EXIT_FAILURE;
                }

and

$ grep -A2 msc inputattach.c
{ "--mousesystems",     "-msc",         "3-button Mouse Systems mouse",
         B1200, CS8,
         SERIO_MSC,              0x00,   0x01,   1,      NULL },

So, yes, you found a bug.

Add this before the "case 2400" line:

                case 1200: type[i]->speed = B1200; break;

compile and test.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Hi Karl,

The compile fails because SDL.h can't be found.
Package sd12 was not found in the pkg-config search path. It also mentions adding directory containing sd12.pc to the PKG-CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

Best regards,
Fred