Jim,

On 05/01/2015 17:33, Jim Reid wrote:
> One sticking point appears to be the "A co-chair cannot serve more than
> 2 consecutive terms." provision in [2]. Someone commented at the mike
> at RIPE69 that this was a good thing. One of your co-chairs says the
> opposite. Everyone else has not commented one way or the other. Result:
> stalemate.

I'm in favour of term limits, but please tidy up the language because we're
all a bit ASD.  "A co-chair cannot serve more than 2 consecutive terms"
could mean that once you've done two consecutive terms, you cannot serve
ever again.  You probably mean that after a period of not being co-chair,
they can submit themselves for re-selection again.  It's not easy to
suggest language tweaks to fix this because the rest of the selection /
resignation mechanism is non-deterministic and needs to be re-thought out,
which gets back to the points I brought up previously which still haven't
really been dealt with.

Nick