Dear colleagues,

The traffic that we reported about yesterday, Thursday 14 January, (see
below message) came to an end shortly after the announcement was sent.

The attack traffic was overwhelming our incoming links. As this was
impacting other services, we had started to ask our upstream peers to
filter traffic to the specific address we use for the .ps ccTLD service.
However, the traffic load returned to normal fairly quickly. Later in
the afternoon we have removed any upstream filtering.

As mentioned in an earlier message to this list, the frequency of
incidents we see with our DNS services seems to be part of a more
general trend, which leads us to further investigate necessary
improvements to our DNS infrastructure.

Kind regards,
Romeo Zwart