On 15/04/14 22:39, Manish Singh wrote: > I've run across a segfault in the DNSSEC code when resolving a domain, when > DNSSEC builtin but turned off: > > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. > [Switching to Thread 0x7f3d178fe700 (LWP 10762)] > 0x0000000000407e26 in extract_name (header=0x1001272, plen=46, > pp=0x7fffdc948590, name=0x0, isExtract=1, extrabytes=4) at rfc1035.c:27 > 27 *cp = 0; > (gdb) bt > #0 0x0000000000407e26 in extract_name (header=0x1001272, plen=46, > pp=0x7fffdc948590, name=0x0, isExtract=1, extrabytes=4) at rfc1035.c:27 > #1 0x0000000000455419 in hash_questions (header=0x1001272, plen=46, > name=0x0) > at dnssec.c:2284 > #2 0x0000000000421160 in tcp_request (confd=11, now=1397591659, > local_addr=0x7fffdc9487b0, netmask=..., auth_dns=0) at forward.c:1745 > #3 0x00000000004295e7 in check_dns_listeners (set=0x7fffdc948920, > now=1397591659) at dnsmasq.c:1591 > #4 0x0000000000427c88 in main (argc=10, argv=0x7fffdc948c38) at > dnsmasq.c:955 > > daemon->keyname is eventually passed into extract_name, but it is NULL > since the code that initializes is guarded by an > option_bool(OPT_DNSSEC_VALID) check. > > I don't really know enough about DNSSEC to ascertain why this code path got > triggered when it shouldn't be.
It's a copy-n-paste error, I think. In any case s/daemon->keyname/daemon->namebuff/ fixes it. I've just committed the fix to git. Thanks for that, it's a nasty bug, probably worth of an early release to fix it. Cheers, Simon. > > -Manish > > > > _______________________________________________ > Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dnsmasq-discuss > _______________________________________________ Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list [email protected] http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/dnsmasq-discuss
