Thanks Simon. I will send you the packet captures within the next 24 hours. I
realize that this is currently a niche feature, but I would expect it to become
more common in the near future as things move towards EFI.
Looking through the mailing list, I found this post from last year indicating
the same issue:
http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2014q1/008182.html