On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 06:38:30PM +0100, Archimede Pitagorico wrote:

Um, please don't post HTML to mailing lists.  Many of the more
helpful people you might encounter are using console-based MUAs, and
they won't get to see your fancy fonts and formatting.  Also, top-
posting is awkward to read.  Please trim your quotes and keep them
with the relevant reply text ("inline quoting".)

> table:</div>

And here's another problem: be careful with filtering in the raw
table.  Filtering should be done in the filter table (which, go
figure, may be why they named it "filter".)

> through, so problem solved.</div>

> network&nbsp;model than dnsmasq, and can work despite
> iptables rules to the contrary.</div>

> suggest a reference for me to understand better?&nbsp;</div>

Well, that's overstating it a bit.

ISC dhcpd uses raw sockets, and those are (like tcpdump) seen before
the netfilter subsystem.

But note, a complete DHCP exchange is "DORA": Discover by the client;
Offer by the server; Request by the client; and Ack by the server.
With dhcpd only DO are not blockable.  RA certainly are.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/