The latest firmware for the printer is from 2015. This is one of those
shared Epson/Fuji/Xerox models which I believe is entering EOL, since there
is already another printer
called M200 (Ecotank). Anyway, I'll report it.

Should the the implementation be correct in dnsmasq, then there will be
more reports of this behavior from gateways implementing it, and that may
move Epson into action.

Adding a mac exclude switch to dnsmasq is just marginally better than
setting the printer IP manually, since both require intervention per device.

A switch disabling the whole implementation, or making it optional, thus
reverting to the old behavior would be better if feasible, but I don't
agree with removing it completely.

If nothing can be done, or be deemed unfeasible to be done, my opinion is
that not much harm is done, since there is a way of getting things working
(manual IP).

So, for me (3) it is.

Cheers.