On 06/12/2018 11:06 PM, Simon Kelley wrote:
> On 17/05/18 04:33, Lars Noodén wrote:
[snip]
>> Thanks.  By the way does dnsmasq have a Stripe, Patreon, or similar
>> account?  Nearly any non-Paypal thing would be nice.
>
> There's only a Paypal donation thing, sorry. What's the advantage of the
> others?

tldr; not paypal

The others are easier to use, have better service, and are (probably)
lower risk.

Paypal has worked hard since its early days to earn and maintain a
reputation for being a poor and unreliable service where one is likely
to lose money, not just through their high fees but also through account
holds or even just plain removal of funds.  People I know around here
have had problems with their accounts, and that help put me off, but
similar anecdotes abound at any forum where there have been many who
have used Paypal[1].  There's been enough for so long that it's just too
high a risk.

/Lars

[1] Here are two highly visible samples of many.  They have a knack for
dragging things out:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/paypal-class-action-lawsuit/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/class-action-settlement-over-paypal-account-closures-finally-finds-resolution-032817.html