Hi,

I have updated dnsmasq from 2.79 to 2.80 in our application and using dig
(DiG 9.12.3-P1) to retrieve record and am using below command :

Observation on Box 1:
---------------------------------
# dig AAAA localhost +noquestion +noauthority +noadditional +search +noedns
There is no Answer I get

# dig A localhost +noquestion +noauthority +noadditional +search +noedns
Getting proper answer.

Observation on Box 2 (Same image of Box 1):
---------------------------------
# dig AAAA localhost +noquestion +noauthority +noadditional +search +noedns
Getting proper answer.

# dig A localhost +noquestion +noauthority +noadditional +search +noedns
There is no Answer I get

I am getting proper response with dnsmasq 2.79 version with above command.

If I remove +search option (with dnsmasq 2.80 installed) I am getting
proper response on both "A" and "AAAA".

Please let me know, if you have any suggestion.

Regards,
D Pal