On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 10:40:37PM +0100, Geert Stappers via Dnsmasq-discuss
wrote:
On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 08:39:28PM +0000, Simon Kelley wrote:
> On 19/02/2021 12:35, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > On 18.02.21 22:50, Simon Kelley wrote:
> >> That wiki page is just word-soup as far as I am concerned.  Does setting
> >> dmarc_moderation_action to "munge from" fix Etan's original problem?
> >
> > it should - it's designed to do exactly that.
> >

> OK. It's set. Looking for feedback, good and bad.

I did except to see "via" in the `From:`

On 18.03.21 09:52, Geert Stappers via Dnsmasq-discuss wrote:
The "via" is sometimes present.  Pattern on when present and when not
present isn't clear to me.  And is not really important.  Important is:

  Do we have / does Simon has enough feedback, good and bad,
  to decide on keeping the new setting or reverting it?

imho it doesn't cause much bad (other than hiding real From:), but
apparently does not work as supposed:

1. mail from DKIM/DMARC domains is not modified when it should:
- gmail.com
- redhat.com
- gmx.de
- dcpx.org (dkim / no dmarc)

2. mail from domains without DKIM/DMARC is modified when it needs not:
- stappers.nl

For some mail the From: is changed correctly:
- icloud.dom
- tootai.net

The original DKIM signatures are kept in the mail, although they aren't
needed - they are invalid and with changed From: they don't match sender
domain.

lists.thekelleys.org.uk doesn't use DKIM

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.