I would like to ask two questions on dnsmasq name resolution:

1) why doesn't dnsmasq perform reverse DNS resolution by default? All the info is in there but it seems like additional directives are needed.

2) Talking about having an external file where reverse lookup info is held, how would this be linked to the main dnsmasq configuration and what would the content of it look like e.g. syntax? All I could find are configuration directives like:
host-record=node01.black.system,10.248.11.21
but my idea would be to have something that looks more like the host file (if possible at all). Where can I find the relevant documentation on how to achieve this and/or can I get some help on how to get started?

Thanks