Hey Sunil,

I encountered this situation only when dnsmasq didn't have any working
upstream server it could forward your query to.

Could you please
1. add "log-queries=extra" and "log-facility=/tmp/dnsmasq.log" to your
configuration,
2. restart dnsmasq,
3. do the DNS query that ends up in REFUSED, and
4. send us the generated log file

Maybe it reveals something of interest.

Best,
Dominik