Hey there,

I've set up dnsmasq to relay queries to another DNS server but made exceptions
with the address directive to route them through the local network to a
webserver. Based on the source ip (local or web) the web server behaves
differently. The webserver and local network are connected by a VPN-tunnel.

address=/domain.tld/192.168.188.10

If the domain.tld (or sub.domain.tld) is queried only the IPv4-address should
be returned.

This always worked flawlessly but now I discovered by chance that the A-Record
is returned as intended but in addition an AAAA Resource Record is returned as
well by relaying the query to the DNS server. As a result of this not the local
(IPv4-)route is used but the external (IPv6) one.

I use dnsmasq version 2.86.

I implemented a workaround by setting another directive address=/domain.tld/::
which is rather dirty. So far I am wondering how can I disable IPv6-queries for
certain domains or ensure only the IPv4-address is returned for those domains
given.

Thank you!

Regards,

Andreas