On Monday, May 8th, 2023 at 1:49 PM, Monthly Posting
<dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:
On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 03:45:29AM +0000, public1020 wrote:

> I'm trying to use dnsmasq to hijack example.com, but not
> api.example.com, so I used the following configuration:
> address=/example.com/192.168.1.10
>
> However, dnsmasq also hijacks *.example.com to this IP address.
> Now how can I hijack only the specific address with dnsmasq?

Play with two changes in the configuration:

api.example.com=valid_address
example.com=hijack_address

See manual page for actual syntax.
Karma bonus points for sharing what works.

On 08.05.23 06:23, public1020 via Dnsmasq-discuss wrote:
I want dnsmasq to do exact match, e.g "address=/example.com/IP" should only
match example.com, not *.example.com.

Does dnsmasq support that?

it does and the answer is listed in dnsmasq manual page, just where you would search for it:

... Note that /etc/hosts and DHCP leases override this for individual names.

then used against you.