Is there any specific reason why would you want to block all IDN domains in your dnsmasq? What attack would you like to prevent? Can you share examples where this would help?

I think this is a primary job for domain registrators, which should prevent registrations of mixed alphabets to prevents spoofing of selected letters. If they don't, I think it is possible to block whole TLD where this is allowed. There is no good solution for dnsmasq to do such thing. I think it should not be done on client side and especially not this way. I would recommend using RPZ driven blocklist in bigger resolver, which would block only known bad sites.