OpenWRT is weird and has its own technique for the initial
configuration of dnsmasq[1]. Let me just focus my question on using
dhcp-host and dhcp-option in dnsmasq.conf

My understanding is a "typical" way to use dhcp-option is to define
two separate options and "set" them twice in a dhcp-host

    # Define dhcp-option with tag:router1 and option:router
    dhcp-option=tag:router1,option:router,192.168.2.1

    # Define another dhcp-option with tag:dns_server1 and option:dns-server
    dhcp-option=tag:dns_server1,option:dns-server,1.1.1.1

    # Now specify multiple dhcp-option using their tag names in dhcp-host
    dhcp-host=00:05:1b:b0:6f:f0,set:dns_server1,set:router1

The bot suggested multiple options could be appended to a
a single dhcp-option using one tag name:

    # Define dhcp-option with tag:my_options with option:router
    dhcp-option=tag:my_options,option:router,192.168.2.2

    # Now "append" option:dns-server to dhcp-option with tag:my_options
    dhcp-option=tag:my_options,option:dns-server,1.1.1.1

    # Append more options to option with tag:my_options ...

    # Now use my_options to give a dhcp-host multiple options
    dhcp-host=00:05:1b:b0:6f:f0,set:my_options

Using the "append" technique means I don't have to repeat myself and
I can use one "my_options" to supply multiple options to any number
of different dhcp-host's. I've determined this works, but is it "legal"? I
ask because I could not find documentation for the "append" technique.

[1]:https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/dhcp