On 23/09/2023 02:41, Wink Saville wrote:
On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 4:32 PM Matthias May via Dnsmasq-discuss
<dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:

On 22/09/2023 18:27, Wink Saville wrote:
On Fri, Sep 22, 2023, 06:34 Luigi Baldoni <aloi...@gmx.com> wrote:
    Hello,
after a few days of fruitless efforts, I thought of asking you all directly.

I need dnsmasq to send its queries to the upstream server via a different
route than everything else. I've tried adding the @interface parameter to
the --server option but I don't think I quite understand how it's supposed
to work.
Then I've attempted to mark the packets originating from the dnsmasq process
via the iptables owner module, also with little success.

Before I proceed any further with these experiments, I would like to know
whether I'm missing something, or if someone has found a different way to
do this.

Thanks
I think your question is: How do I configure dnsmasq on Linux to send
its upstream DNS queries using a specific route?

Here is GPT-4 answer:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://chat.openai.com/share/47fe1f23-57b6-4bbb-b51d-c4bf3818ef__;!!I9LPvj3b!BOetutoPDMZVnmN8eLyHRg_93gZ4QBXVK9yRGbAdpa0cFIkcjOvTnrwVxE7UDVbqoi1GyC1C38Fqgutf$
  df

And Bard answer:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://g.co/bard/share/866e99f101bf__;!!I9LPvj3b!BOetutoPDMZVnmN8eLyHRg_93gZ4QBXVK9yRGbAdpa0cFIkcjOvTnrwVxE7UDVbqoi1GyC1C319ebuBN$

If I've got the question wrong provide the proper question and I'll ask

-- Wink

Hi Wink

The link to openai returns a 404. What is the answer it provided? (pure
interest).

The bard answer looks to me like garbage. I don't think the parameters
it refers to actually exist...

BR
Matthias

Try the one below, I made a mistake as Bots do too :)

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://chat.openai.com/share/47fe1f23-57b6-4bbb-b51d-c4bf3818efdf__;!!I9LPvj3b!BL7TTHnGyi-f6LFGBlpqC1YIqwzB9d4erTyuO1c25G0Lis9AGe-B2BIFaUjM9bitxr9YUyHGbB64J0OP$

-- Wink

Ok, this answer seems to be sane.
Probably doesn't solve Luigi's issue, but make sense :)

BR
Matthias