Thanks Petr & Geert for getting back to me.

I thought I'd followed up days ago - but, there's nothing in the archive...

Geert, I checked DDNS on Wikipedia and there are two meanings of DDNS, one automating the update of zone files on industrial scale DNS services (BIND I guess) and the other what I understood - updating transient IPs to a domain name. But, neither of those seem relevant to dnsmasq, so I came to the conclusion the Fedora article was wrong.

Petr, thanks. I now see that the article perhaps is not wrong because I guess the resolution services provided locally to the local network by DHCP might be thought of as DDNS. But, as you say, that's not going to help dynamic resolution of the Internet FQDN to IP of the machine on which dnsmasq is running - which is what I meant by 'DDNS client'.

Many thanks