Hi folks,

Our environment is using dnsmasq as a DNS without DHCP, and there is an
upstream DNS setting in the dnsmasq.conf configuration file. To prevent DNS
update requests from being forwarded to the upstream DNS server through
dnsmasq, we try to set up an auth-zone and an auth-server. However, the
current settings not only stop forwarding the update requests to the
upstream DNS server but also prevent any query forwarding to the upstream
DNS server.

Is there any configuration or setting in dnsmasq that allows us to enable
query forwarding to the upstream DNS server while preventing the forwarding
of update requests?

Our dnsmasq version is 2.86.
Here is my configuration:
  auth-server=127.0.0.1,::1,eth0
  auth-zone=vvtest.local,172.16.0.0/16

Every helpful comment is appreciated. Thank you
William