What are you running dnsmasq on?

This is probably best dealt with at the OS firewall level rather than in
dnsmasq.

Exactly how you do that depends on the underlying OS and the firewall it's
running but if you know the MAC of the Lutron device it shouldn't be too
difficult.

If you don't want it doing DHCPv6 at all that's even easier than rate-limiting
it.

Alex Malinovich via Dnsmasq-discuss <dnsmasq-discuss@lists.thekelleys.org.uk>
writes:

> I have a Lutron RA2 Select repeater on my network using DHCP
> configuration (for IPv4, IPv6 is SLAAC) and it mostly works
> fine. Unfortunately, it's spamming dnsmasq with DHCPv6
> information-requests once every second (in gross violation of the spec
> which states a lower limit of 600 seconds for IRT_MINIMUM). I've tried
> manually setting information-refresh-time to 172800 to see if that
> helps, but no.
>
> As this is a hardware device from a manufacturer that doesn't do a
> great job of engaging with the open community, I'm guessing a fix from
> their end will be coming roughly never.
>
> Ideally, I'd find a way to block just these requests from this one
> specific client, but if that's not possible I'd settle for anything
> else that keeps these messages out of my logs so that I can actually
> read the logs for useful information from other clients.
>
> Any suggestions?

- --
Alasdair Muckart (he/him)
Network Infrastructure Architect
Catalyst.Net Limited - Expert Open Source Solutions

Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group company
DDI: +64 4 897 7794 | Mobile: +64 22 638 5141 | Tel: +64 4 499 2267 |
www.catalyst.net.nz

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named
recipients only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright
information. If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance
upon, disclosure or copying of this email or its attachments is
unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please reply
via email or call +64 4 499 2267.