On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:24:48 -0400 Andrew wrote:
AS> We received a suggestion that a short section outlining the history of
AS> the use of reverse mapping in security contexts would be a good thing
AS> to add to the reverse-mapping-considerations draft.  I have some
AS> proposed text to add.  Before I add it, I'd like to ask for comments.

I think it's useful, but I also think you should have a concluding
paragraph on why it's no longer a recommended practice. Something along
the lines of "as attack became more sophisticated, they included
spoofing reponses to reverse DNS requests, so the attacker appeared to
be coming from a trusted machine."

--
Robert Story
SPARTA