On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:07:04PM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> Because this is only true for the authorative part of DNSSEC. Since
> Dan showed you can cache poison any non-DNSSEC resolver for ANY domain,
> not just the domains you are not protecting, you basically have no choice
> but to mitigate this problem. And DNSSEC, for good or bad, is what we
> have right now.

Is there some sort of shield preventing people from reading or even arguing
with
http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2008/msg01213.html
?

All those things can be done today, unilaterally, and they start working
from the moment you enable them.

In fact, I'm so far not having luck getting around even my 3-year old
primitive anti-spoofing behaviour. I've reduced the number of ports I use to
10 to make things more doable, but no luck.

So please consider other options before repeating the holy mantra 'DNSSEC is
the only solution'.

        Bert