> 主题: Re: [DNSOP] dns data exchanged between host and local dns-sever
>
> RFC 2845 - Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG)
>
> This protocol allows for transaction level authentication using shared
> secrets and one way hashing. It can be used to authenticate dynamic
> updates as coming from an approved client, or to authenticate
Does anybody know if this is implemented by an stub resolver? As far as
I know TSIG is currently used only for DDNS (Host to ANS or DHCP server
to ANS) or to authenticate queries between name servers (ANS or RNS).

> or
>
> RFC 3645  - Generic Security Service Algorithm for Secret Key
> Transaction Authentication for DNS (GSS-TSIG)
>
> The Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG) protocol
> provides transaction level authentication for DNS. TSIG is extensible
> through the definition of new algorithms. This document specifies an
> algorithm based on the Generic Security Service Application Program
> Interface (GSS-API) (RFC2743). This document updates RFC 2845.
Same as above. I guess that this is implemented only for dynamic updates
not to authenticate responses coming from a recursive name server.

Even BIND as a (local) forwarding name server is not able to use
GSS-TSIG to protect the communication with the recursive name server.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm looking for a TSIG aware stub-resolver for years.

 Holger