Thx for the feedback.  I will try to address your concern in the ­01
revision.  If you have any specific textual recommendations, let me know.

Jason

On 7/12/09 3:34 AM, "Florian Weimer" <f...@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> * Stephane Bortzmeyer:
>
>> > Unless I'm wrong, the I-D about lying resolvers do not discuss the
>> > issue of zone cuts.
>> >
>> > If I type www.doesnotexistatall.com (the SLD does not exist and so I
>> > should get a NXDOMAIN), I get the IP address of the ad Web server. If
>> > I type wwww.afnic.fr, I will get this IP address as well, since the
>> > QNAME does not exist (four 'w' instead of three) despite the fact that
>> > the SLD does exist.
>
> This also interacts very badly the subdomain-based web trust model, so
> it should be mentioned in the Security Considerations section.

Regards,
Jason

Jason Livingood
Executive Director
Internet Systems Engineering
National Engineering & Technical Operations
Comcast Cable Communications
215-286-7813
jason_living...@cable.comcast.com

This message and any attachments to it may contain PROPRIETARY AND
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION exclusively for intended recipients. Please DO NOT
FORWARD OR DISTRIBUTE to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of this e-mail from your
system.