On Jul 13, 2009, at 1:53 PM, Antoin Verschuren wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: dnsop-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:dnsop-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Review of draft-livingood-dns-redirect-00

Disclaimer: I find the whole idea a very bad one, a violation of
network neutrality and certainly a service I would never accept from
my ISP.

While I strongly agree with Stephane's sentiment here, I do see some merits in describing why it is a bad idea instead of describing how it should be done with as little problems as possible (but still with problems).

SSAC's Report on DNS Response Modification
http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac032.pdf

IAB Commentary Architectural Concerns on the use of DNS Wildcards
http://www.iab.org/documents/docs/2003-09-20-dns-wildcards.html

Kind regards,

Roy Arends