On Apr 1, 2010, at 2:49 AM, Jim Reid wrote:
> Why don't yahoo approach the problem the same way google has done for
> IPv6 to www.google.com? They only hand out AAAA records for this name
> to ISPs who can demonstrate they have solid IPv6 connectivity. This is
> ugly and distasteful. But it doesn't involve egregious damage to the
> DNS or resolver/cache behaviour.

Do you really think this is better than what Igor's proposing?   To me it seems
worse. You're still giving out wrong answers - you're just giving them out to
more devices this way.

I think a principled position can be taken that giving out wrong answers should
not be done, but once you've decided that you're willing to give out wrong
answers, we're really just haggling over the price.