On 2010-10-04, at 14:13, Tony Finch wrote:

> One thing that is missing is any description of the kind of load you
> expect the service to bear. Would it be OK if a vendor sold millions of
> DSL modems that hit data.iana.org every time they recovered from a power
> loss?

This, to me, is an operational consideration that is orthogonal to the
specification.

I agree that there are circumstances where we might receive an unpleasant load
of traffic. If that was to happen, we would deal with it, as ICANN's IT
department deals with other such operational challenges.

I can tell you that data.iana.org is currently being hosted on some
sensibly-sized iron and I would expect it to accommodate substantial flash
crowds, and that there is a full-time team of engineers that runs all ICANN's
internal infrastructure, for what that's worth.

Joe