> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:52:34 +0000
> From: bmann...@vacation.karoshi.com
>
>       well, at least two schemas have been proposed and there was
>       limited uptake either time.  perhaps times have changed.

the fact that so few people have spoken up gives me my answer -- there's
not enough interest in this to make it worth doing.  previous efforts did
not become RFC's in any form, and it seems likely that another would also
not make it.

>       well, one thing that kind of makes sense is where to anchor such
>       records... two choices - a WKA such as in-addr.arpa, ip6.int,
>       enum.arpa et.al.  or place the entries at each delegation point
>       and sweep the tree periodically to build a stale cache of data...

in the basenote of this thread i was only proposing this for registries of
names.  so, vix._domain._whois._registry.com for vix.com, and similarly
pv15._contact._whois._registry.com for the PV15 contact in the COM registry.

i'm aware of your prior work to do this for numbers but that wasn't my topic.