On Apr 15, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> i'd tell validator operators who think they need NTA's in
> order to control the risks posed by zone owner errors, "if you can't
> stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen."

Given the benefits provided by DNSSEC (to date) are largely invisible and the
costs quite non-trivial, I'd think this would ensure DNSSEC validation never
gets deployed, thus secure applications (such as DANE) will never exist.

I thought we'd learned that flag day deployments don't work on the Internet
anymore.

Regards,
-drc