On 6 Apr 2013, at 10:04, Joe Abley <jab...@hopcount.ca> wrote:
> On 2013-04-06, at 16:55, Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> wrote:
>>
>> Validator vendors have to provide an out-of-band trust anchor update
>> mechanism to cope with this. It needs to be coded and included in long-term
>> support releases of validators and operating systems before rollover, I
>> think.
>
> draft-jabley-dnsop-validator-bootstrap.

Still needs implementation.

My point about trustworthiness is that there is (as far as I know) no
documentation of how the private keys are managed for the certificates /
signatures on the trust anchor files, which rather undermines the elaborate
root KSK management. I am also worried about being vulnerable to a screwup by
any number of CAs; it would be good to pin the list of CA certs that might be
used to verify the DNS trust anchor signatures.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/