This sounds a lot like prefetch in unbound, and the configuration option
gives some analysis on increased traffic.

prefetch: <yes or no>
     If yes, message cache elements are prefetched before they expire
     to  keep  the  cache  up to date.  Default is no.  Turning it on
     gives about 10 percent more traffic and load on the machine, but
     popular items do not expire from the cache.

Also, if the original TTL of the RR is less than STOP * HAMMER_TIME then
the cache entry, it cannot be used anymore and the resolver should
"Break it down".

Best regards,
 Matthijs