Masataka Ohta <mo...@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp> wrote:

> As was discussed recently in IETF ML, a serious vulnerability of,
> so called, DNSSEC is lack of secure time.

I have the beginnings of a solution to this problem. It is based on using
tlsdate, which gets the time from a server with minimal risk of
interference by a man-in-the-middle. If you get the time from several
diverse servers you can be very sure you have the right time if enough
of them agree. You can choose the size of a quorum according to your
security and robustness requirements. Agreement is determined in a similar
way to NTP's clock select algorithm, which separates falsetickers from
truechimers.

http://fanf.livejournal.com/128861.html
 - introductory article

https://git.csx.cam.ac.uk/x/ucs/u/fanf2/temporum.git
 - rough proof of concept implementation

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.