Colleagues,

This new internet-draft is another request for additions to the RFC 6761
special names registry, this time motivated by an interest in reserving the
names most commonly found in recent analysis of TLDs in private name spaces.
The special names registration would serve to minimize the chances of collision
between private and public DNS namespaces by keeping these names unassigned in
the public namespace.

In addition to discussion on the merits of this specific request, I would
expect the IESG to be interested in any new aspects this request brings up to
the discussion we were already having on the p2p special names draft, and the
usability and scalability of the process in RFC 6761.

thanks,
Suzanne

Begin forwarded message: